- Extended top end with a ribbon’s classic warmth
- Near-field ribbon mic with reduced proximity effect
- Balanced frequency response at 1 to 18 inches from the source
- Compact, lightweight design with rugged durability
- Active electronics and custom transformer optimized for all preamps
- Made in the U.S.A.
The N22 can be positioned inches away from an instrument and retain a balanced sound with extended top end while avoiding the room tone that can cause problems in smaller spaces or iso booths. This is what makes the N22 special.
It exhibits a high-frequency bump at 3kHz making it ideal for recording vocals, electric guitar, bass cabs, kick drum, acoustic guitar, and percussion. It is best to think of the N22’s placement in terms of inches instead of feet.
The N22 naturally reduces proximity effect while also avoiding the room tone that can cause problems in smaller spaces or iso booths. Naturally rolling off the low-end before it hits the ribbon creates a much different sound than using electronic equalization to roll off the low-end in post.