The Avantone BV1 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the finest vintage tube mics of the 1950's & 1960's... but at a fraction of their cost!
The Avantone "Buttercream (B-series)" mics from Avantone Pro are Avantone's premium products designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone BV-1 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the fine vintage tube mics of the 1950’s and 1960’s…but at a fraction of their cost! The rugged BV-1 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of Brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Buttercream baked on finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs. Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. Any studio can proudly offer the Avantone BV-1 as a primary vocal mic…It exudes class visually as well as sonically. The versatile Avantone BV-1 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the unwanted vibrations up into the mic, this isolation allows for superior professional results. 9-Pattern Tube microphone with dual 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies. Military grade -10dB pad and 80Hz roll off switches. “Hand Selected” Russian made 6072A tube.
The Avantone B-Series mics are designed to offer premium professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. As always, we strive to offer true value at every price point and invite sonic comparisons to higher priced mics.
- Tube Type: Select Low-Noise Russian 6072A
- Polar Pattern(s): Cardioid , Hyper-Cardioid & Omni Capsules included
- Capsule: Single-sided 32mm center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Frequency Response: 25Hz-20KHz
- Output Impedance: <200 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Sensitivity: -35dBV
- S/N Ratio: 78dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Noise Floor: < 17 dBA
- Maximum SPL: 134dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz) 144dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent Noise Level: <18dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB Switch
- Power Requirement: Standard 48 Volt Phantom / 5mA
- Power Supply
- Padded Wooden Mic Box
- Custom Designed Tweed road case
- Removable metal pop filter
- Mic Cable
- Dimensions (Mic): 10 x 2.5 inches - 25 x 63 mm - (long x wide)
- Dimensions (Case): 23 x 7.5 x 17 inches
- Weight (BV-1 Mic Only): 1.3 kgs / 46 oz
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Glossy Butter-Cream Body
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.