The Soyuz 017 FET condenser represents the modern embodiment of the big, classic sound so highly prized in vintage microphones. Hand-machined and tensioned capsules – all Soyuz microphones are, like the finest musical instruments and works of art, completely handmade and enable details to be captured with stunning depth, warmth, and a silky transparence in the upper frequencies. These sonic characteristics, inherent to the 017’s design, allow it to complement the subtle nuances of vocals and strings while accurately capturing complex instruments with difficult transients across the entire frequency spectrum.
The 017 FET features a cardioid capsule with a gold-sputtered, hand-tuned 34mm diaphragm; an omni-directional capsule is currently available, with additional patterns in development. As with all Soyuz microphones, the 017 FET is completely handmade: bodies and capsules are manually machined, transformers are wound in-house, and all wiring is true point-to-point.
The engineers at Soyuz have spent decades studying, servicing, and building classic microphones; this unique pool of knowledge, craft and skill – combined with the ears of numerous musicians, producers and audio engineers – has culminated in the creation of the 017 Series’ custom S17 capsule. Featuring a gold-sputtered, hand-tuned 34mm diaphragm, the S17 is loosely based on the original K67 capsule developed in 1960. Far from creating another clone of a classic, however, Soyuz has further developed the design, modifying its assembly and tuning. The result, when paired with Soyuz’s original schematic, is unique – and uniquely musical.
- 100% handmade in Russia;
- 34mm gold sputtered diaphragm capsule;
- In-house wound transformer inside;
- Optional capsule: omni;
- Heavy duty shock mount;
- Comes in a velvet-lined, hand-crafted Russian hardwood box.
Soyuz SU-017 specifications:
- Type: FET condenser microphone
- Capsule: Two 34mm membranes (one gold sputtered)
- Frequency Range: 20Hz/20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (swappable) with optional omnidirectional and figure 8
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa
- Impedance: 270 Ohms
- SPL: 120 dB Equivalent Noise- 20 dB (a-weighted)
- Tube Type: 6ZH1P
- Power: 48v
- Size: 226mm length x 55mm diameter
- Weight: 950g
- Extras: Wooden case, shock mount, mic clip.