Genelec GLM 3 Set
Since its introduction, the GLM software application has helped audio professionals on both Mac and PC to configure, calibrate and control their Genelec monitor systems, delivering fully optimised performance for their acoustic environment. GLM 3 now offers beta Cloud services, Reference Level listening features and several other important refinements – making it the most powerful version of GLM yet!
If you’ve ever been frustrated that your mixes don’t translate well to other systems, it’s because your monitors and your room are interacting to produce a frequency response that can be far from the neutral and smooth response that you need to create a great mix.
GLM 3 software tightly integrates with the advanced internal DSP circuitry which a growing family of Genelec SAM monitors and subwoofers is equipped with, from the tiny 8320 to the massive 1236A. GLM 3’s reference microphone kit allows your acoustic environment to be analysed, after which GLM 3’s AutoCal feature optimises each monitor for level, distance delay, subwoofer crossover phase and room response equalisation, with the option for you to further fine tune the system. By minimising the room’s influence on the sound, GLM 3 helps Genelec monitors deliver an unrivalled reference, with excellent translation between rooms.
Whether you’re a new Genelec SAM user - or you’re an existing user who wants to upgrade to the latest version - then GLM 3 is a free download, available via the links below.
Please note that to enable GLM software to integrate with your SAM monitors, you’ll also need the Genelec network adaptor kit (8300-601) – which includes the GLM network adaptor, 8300A calibration microphone and microphone holder, 1.8 m USB cable and Quick Connection Guide. The network adaptor connects to your Mac or PC via the supplied USB cable, and to your SAM monitors via an 5 metre Ethernet cable (which is supplied separately with each SAM monitor).
GLM software is not currently supported under macOS 10.15 Catalina.
MacOS 10.15 Catalina will be supported later. Please check this page regularly to obtain information on the current operating system requirements. In the meantime, we recommend you continue to use macOS Mojave and earlier until further notice.
GLM 3 cannot control Classic Genelec monitors. If you’re using Classic models, be sure to adjust their rear-panel DIP switches for a neutral frequency response after placement in the room. Full details can be found in every user manual.
With GLM 3 you can…
- Manage and control up to 45 SAM monitors and subwoofers.
- Easily and swiftly create systems to suit all types of stereo, multiple stereo, multichannel or 3D immersive audio formats.
- Optimise, combine and switch between Genelec monitors to make the most of the environment in which you are working.
- Use AutoCal to achieve neutral sound reproduction. Accurate and stable sound stage imaging is delivered thanks to adjustments of levels, distance delays, subwoofer crossover phase and room response compensation equalisation.
- Use the personalisation feature to customise your preferred response - without sacrificing predictability.
- Submit your GLM files to our Cloud Helpdesk facility to access online expert support and advice.
- Calibrate listening levels to loudness standards, such as ATSC A/85 and EBU R128, without the need for a high quality external monitor controller or other measurement tools.
- Take advantage of GLM Cloud services anywhere and anytime – providing a secure back-up and instant access to the very latest software updates and standards.
- Manage levels with the GLM master fader calibrated in relative dB or absolute SPL scale, or with external wired or wireless level controllers available as accessories.
- Store calibration settings for different listening positions; then instantly recall them as required during production.
- Create and recall customised response curves and analogue or digital inputs.
- Enjoy the benefits of repeatable and consistent performance, enabling accurate monitoring in any production environment.