6 Channel Summing Mixer
Born to Drive
When you push a mix buss and output transformers towards saturation, the non-linear, musical harmonics that occur are what truly glue a recording together and bring it to life. Rather than using an external summing solution that offers little more than an ultra-clean representation of the in-the-box experience, the Orbit provides the extraordinary richness, harmonic complexity and depth that only a Rupert Neve console can bring to your mixes.
The Orbit utilizes a highly custom output transformer configuration originally developed for the acclaimed Shelford Channel, which provides both a Main Output and a -6dB Output – the latter of which enables you to fully drive the Orbit to achieve more transformer harmonics without clipping the next device in the chain. This unique transformer drive is a hallmark of the sound of Rupert Neve throughout the years – and the sound of countless classic hit records.
- 16 Channel +/- 21V Class-A mix buss for massive headroom
- Silk Red & Blue modes with Texture control to precisely dial in the desired amount of classic tone
- Dual-tap output transformers create rich harmonic character without clipping the next device in the chain
- Mono switches enable you to precisely center any mono mix elements like vocals, kick, snare and bass
- Exceptional linearity and accuracy, better than +/-0.1dB per channel
- Ultra-low crosstalk for wide open stereo imaging and sonic depth
- Expandable for higher channel count via buss link to other 5057 units
- Repeatable, rapid DAW-based recall while adding the rich, unrivaled sound quality of Rupert Neve Designs
- Robust and compact 1U chassis design with DB25 inputs and XLR outputs
- Combine with other Rupert Neve Designs summing products to create a world-class modular mix system
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.