If there is a single piece of analogue processing equipment that is synonymous with SSL, it must be the SSL Bus Compressor.
From the very first commercially released SSL 4000B console in 1976, the Bus Compressor has always been the stalwart of the console centre section.
In addition to D-EQ and Transient Expander, THE BUS+ features three unique compression colours; LOW THD, F/B and 4K MODE. Each ‘colour’ offers a different characteristic and can be combined for very unique compression styles.
- 4 modes of operation - Classic Stereo, Σ S/C Stereo, Dual Mono or Mid-Side
- External side-chain inputs and sends
- The authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit
- LOW THD Mode reduces low-frequency distortion caused by compression
- F/B Mode alters the compression characteristics for a more 'relaxed' style of compression
- 4K Mode - single VCA operation with variable harmonic distortion to bring some 'grit' and 'grunge' to the mix
- Negative Ratios - for creative pumping effects and control of particularly loud signals
- New Attack and Release options, including the new 'Auto 2' setting
- MIX control for instant parallel compression
- Moving-coil gain reduction meters
- Unlockable Transient Expander
- 100% analogue circuit, controlled digitally using stepped front-panel pots
- Huge +27.5 dBu headroom
- Configurable processing order - Bus Compressor pre D-EQ (default) or post
- CH 1 IN and CH 2 IN buttons for global bypass
- Settable Operating Level - 0 dB (nominal), +10 dB, -5 dB
- Sleep and Auto-Sleep modes
- Precision MDAC-controlled MAKE-UP Gain with two ranges - 1 dB or 0.5 dB steps
- Powerful 2-band analogue Parallel Dynamic EQ - the D-EQ
- Compress/Expand modes
- 3 choices of time constants for each band - Nominal, FAST or AUTO
- 16 selectable Frequency points per band
- Adjustable Range control per band from 0.5 dB to 15 dB
- HF band can be switched to Bell shape, with selectable frequencies covering High-Mids and Highs
- Frequency band static 'make-up' gain for LF and HF bands (Stereo/ Σ S/C Stereo) or LF band (Dual Mono/Mid-Side)
- G-Series mode changes LF filter to be 2nd order with degree of undershoot/overshoot
- Tri-colour activity LEDs to indicate D-EQ activity
- Individually bypass-able bands
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.