TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik introduces the new ELA M 251T, a microphone featuring the newly developed CK-13™ capsule. While based upon the classic ELA M 251 models, the ELA M 251T adds a very modern twist. That twist is the implementation of Alloy 2213™ as the diaphragm membrane material for the CK-13™ capsule. Alloy 2213™ is an amalgam of Titanium and Aluminum, which was originally developed for the aerospace industry.
Traditionally gold has been sputtered onto Mylar™ for the diaphragms of the historic CK-12 capsule. By employing Alloy 2213™, which is far more rigid than gold, the capsule that provides greater accuracy in the low frequency range by attaining a higher damping factor to the motion of the membrane. Alloy 2213™ is lighter than gold, and when combined with the edge terminated CK-12 system provides an "airy" and "delicate" representation of the upper frequencies. This affords the user a higher degree of detail in the recorded sound while still providing the depth of audio for which ELA M 251 microphones have been associated for decades.
The TELEFUNKEN ELA M 251T includes an edge terminated, dual backplate CK13 capsule, a variation of the traditional CK12. The 251T is capable of cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional polar patterns, just like the ELA M 251E. The amplifier circuit features a premium New Old Stock ECC801S vacuum tube and a Haufe T14/1 output transformer, the same found in the 251E and C12.
Though the 251T shares the same basic vintage-accurate construction of the 251E, it is wrapped in a sleek sulfamate nickel-plated finish to reflect the proprietary capsule technology.
Each ELA M 251T microphone comes complete with M 950T power supply, M 850T 25' Sommer tube microphone cable, Rycote shockmount, FC50 locking flight case and WB50 wooden microphone box.
- Type: Vacuum Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±3 dB
- Power Source: External Power Supply
- Capsule: TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik CK13 - Edge Terminated Large Diaphragm
- Tube: NOS Telefunken ECC801S
- Transformer: Haufe T14/1
- Sensitivity: 11.5 mV/Pa, ±1 dB
- THD at 1kHZ at 1Pa (Amplifier): < 0.15%
- Output Impedance: 200 Ω
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): 132 dB
- S/N Ratio: 87 dBA
- Self Noise (Amplifier): 7 dBA
- Dimensions: 216 mm L x 50 mm Dia
- Weight: 596 g
- Included Accessories: Tube Mic Cable, Power Supply, Shock Mount, Wooden Box, Flight Case
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.