The Vanguard V1+LOLLI is a multi-capsule FET pencil condenser microphone. Five total custom-voiced capsules – large- and small-diaphragm, and with 6 pickup patterns – allow for a cornucopia of tonal variations for virtually any sound source or recording situation. With premium cryogenically-treated FET componentry, an unparalleled selection of capsules, and a true heavy-duty shockmount, the V1+LOLLI is the most versatile mic’ing system you’ll find.
Vanguard V1 Microphone – packed with high-end componentry including an ultra-quality precision-biased JFET, a custom-wound transformer, premium capacitors, and cryogenic treatment throughout. A “straight-wire” design philosophy means there’s only four components between the capsule and the output.
Four 22mm Capsules – these interchangeable capsules give you unmatched flexibility – cardioid, wide cardioid, hypercardioid, and omnidirectional. Ultra-sensitive 4-micron diaphragms, an anti-comb-filtering front design, and precision-machined backplates give wide consistency across each capsule.
V34C “LOLLI” Removable Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Capsule Head – our patent-pending interchangeable large-diaphragm multi-pattern head. Our custom-voiced 34mm edge-terminated 3-micron diaphragm dual-capsule assembly housed in a precision-machined aircraft-grade aluminum body. Switchable between omni and cardioid…and aesthetically gorgeous to boot.
VSSM Shockmount – the best pencil shockmount in the ‘verse. Heavy-duty cast zinc partners with high-impact ABS to create a shockmount that stays where it’s supposed to. Aerospace-grade suspension rings keep the rumble out (no hair scrunchies here!), and a windowed design allows you to easily access switches without changing the your mic placement.
Pinewood Storage Case – because your microphones should stay safe in luxury. We’ve carved individual capsule pockets into a block of solid pine, and custom-cut foam for your mics to stay cozy and secure…whether they’re on the road or in your studio.
We designed the V1+LOLLI with the character and versatility of iconic pencil condensers in mind, while also utilizing modern technology & design to meet the demands of today’s recording professionals.
The V1+LOLLI kit was created to be the most flexible and adaptable microphone in your locker. The four small capsules allow tonal variety on any number of sources, but we found them to be exceptionally well-suited for close-to-medium-range mic’ing of acoustic guitar, percussion, piano, and stringed instruments. (The wide cardioid capsule in particular deserves special mention here as our favorite, but each capsule has sources and situations in which it excels.)
The V34C “LOLLI” capsule adds another level to your toolkit by coupling the smooth, lush sound of our custom-voiced V13 capsule with the precision and detail of the V1 microphone. The LOLLI excels in almost any recording situation, with vocals being of particular note.
After hundreds of hours of listening and testing exhaustive design variations with world-class engineers, we can confidently say that this microphone will exceed the performance of other pencil condenser microphones in its price range, and rival or exceed the performance of microphones costing several times more.
Capsule and electronics:
- 4 small-diaphragm 22mm capsule assemblies – cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional, wide cardioid
- Large-diaphragm V34C “Lolli” multi-pattern capsule assembly
- Transformer-balanced solid-state circuit
- Ultra low-noise high-quality hand-biased JFET and other premium-grade components
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- Transformer-balanced output – custom-wound humbucking dual-bobbin transformer
- Works via 48V phantom power
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Capsule Size (V34C) : 1.34″ / 34mm (dual-capsule)
- Diaphragm Size (V34C): 1.04″ / 26.4mm
- Capsule Diaphragms Thickness (v34C): 3µm
- Capsule Size (Small-Diaphragm): 0.87″/22mm
- Diaphragm Size (Small-Diaphragm): 0.78″ / 16mm
- Capsule Diaphragm Thickness (Small-Diaphragm): 4µm
- Electronics Type: Solid-state, transformer-balanced output
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Max SPL: 136dBA (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: <15dBA
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin, gold-plated
- High-Pass/Rolloff Switch: N/A
- Attenuation/Pad Switch: N/A
- Finish: Polished nickel trim / High-gloss Pinot Noir
- Voltage Requirement: Phantom Power (+48V ideal)
- 22mm removable capsule – Cardioid
- 22mm removable capsule – Hypercardioid
- 22mm removable capsule – Omnidirectional
- 22mm removable capsule – Wide Cardioid
- V34C “Lolli” removable multi-pattern capsule assembly
- VSSM small shockmount
- Padded pinewood microphone storage box
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.