The new V44S gen2 Multi-Pattern Stereo FET mic, like ALL of the gen22 releases, has been given a significant improvement in both sonic performance and it’s fit and finish.
The V44S gen2 stands alone in the field of professional, dual-capsule, stereo microphones, nothing really compares in terms of sound, functionality, quality of build and circuit performance. We believe it is the finest stereo microphone you can own.
- The V44S now features a new stainless steel body to house the beefier, audiophile-grade components on the newly designed PCB.
- All XLR connectors on the microphone and splitter box are now made by Neutrik™. The cables have been upgraded to Neutrik™ REAN connectors and are built for us by Neutrik™.
- We have totally redesigned the stereo capsule rotating mechanism to allow for 120 degrees of top capsule rotation….It is the strongest, most reliable rotating head design on any stereo mic….EVER!
- The beautiful pinot noir Vanguard finish we’re known for is even more luxurious now...totally sleek!
- We have beefed up the capsule cradle/saddle assembly, making the V44S nearly impervious to sudden knocks and shocks.
Vanguard has upgraded a number of key signal-path components to audiophile-grade, and sourced them from USA makers in the process!
The component and circuit improvements have lowered the self-noise on the mic making it quite possibly the quietest stereo condenser microphone ever made.
Capsule and electronics:
- Twin custom-voiced, edge-terminated 34mm dual-capsule assembly with 3µm gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragms
- 3 independently selectable polar patterns per capsule
- Electronically-balanced solid-state circuitry loaded with premium-grade components
- Ultra-low-noise JFET design
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- 90º rotatable top capsule with 15º detents
- Versatile splitter box for mobile & live recording conditions
- Heavy-duty brass, aluminum, steel, and zinc construction
- Robust punched-steel capsule rotation mechanism
- Open-weave headbasket for low internal reflections and “open-air” voicing
- Each V44S comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec componentry
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Final Assembly & 100% Quality Control in California, USA
- 5-Year Warranty
Vanguard Audio Labs V44S specifications:
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Capsule Size: 1.34″ / 34mm (dual-capsule)
- Diaphragm Size: 1.04″ / 26.4mm
- Capsule Diaphragms Thickness: 3µm
- Electronics Type: Solid-state, electronically-balanced output
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Max SPL: appx. 135dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20000Hz
- Equivalent Noise Level: <=14dBA (A-weighted)
- S/N Ratio: >=80dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Sensitivity: TBA
- Output Connector: Male XLR 5-pin, gold-plated
- High-Pass/Rolloff Switch: N/A
- Attenuation/Pad Switch: N/A
- Finish: Polished nickel trim / High-gloss Pinot Noir
- Weight (microphone): 1.11 lbs / 0.50kg
- Weight (in case): 9.43 lbs / 4.28kg
- Dimensions (microphone): 9.41″ long, 1.82″ max diameter / 239mm long, 46.25mm max diameter
- Dimensions (case): 16.92″L x 12.60″W x 6.02″H / 430mmL x 320mmW x 153mm
- Voltage Requirement: Phantom Power (+48V ideal)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.